There are numerous legal procedures and paperwork that must be submitted in Kolkata, India, in order to register a property. The essential paperwork needed for property registration in Kolkata is as follows:
Documents required to register a property in Kolkata
- Link Deeds: The most crucial document, which acts as proof of ownership and transfer of the property from the seller to the buyer.
- Title Deed: Also known as the ownership document, it establishes the seller’s legal right to sell the property.
- Searching Reports: This Report verifies that the property is free from any legal dues or liabilities.
- R.S.R.O.R./L.R.R.O.R.: Also known as Khatian or Porcha, this document gives information about the owner’s name and other facts pertaining to the property that is maintained by the relevant Block Land and Land Reforms Office.
- Mutation and Property Tax Receipts: Receipts for property taxes paid up to the date of registration with the municipal authority, as well as receipts for modifications.
- Building Approval Plan: The approved building plan is required for constructed properties, such as apartments, flats, or other units.
- Completion Certificate (CC): Obtaining a completion certificate (CC) from the relevant authority is necessary after a building’s construction is complete.
- Identity Proof: Valid identity documents of both the buyer and seller, such as Aadhar Card, Passport, or Voter ID.
- Address Proof: Proof of address for both parties, which could be Aadhar Card, Passport, or Driving License.
- PAN Card: Permanent Account Number of both buyer and seller.
- Passport Size Photographs: Recent passport-size photographs of both parties.
- Power of Attorney (if applicable): In case the buyer or seller is unable to be present during registration, a Power of Attorney document is required.
- NOC from Relevant Authorities: No Objection Certificate from relevant authorities, if applicable, stating that there are no objections to the property’s sale.
Prior to starting the process of registering a property, it is crucial to confirm the validity and authenticity of these documents. To ensure a seamless and legally compliant registration process, it is advised to consult a qualified real estate attorney. A property must be registered in Kolkata in accordance with the local laws and requirements, which may differ from other places. For more information visit us